One-Stop-Shop For All Water Damage Services in Islip, NY
Water damage is among the worst problems that can happen to your home. Water damage can happen to anyone, and it can be an expensive and destructive mess. The cost of water damage repair and restoration has risen significantly in the past few years. If you have water damage, the sooner you take action and call for Islpip, NY Flood Water Cleanup, the better.
Forces are near you waiting to help – choose Force 1 Restoration, a professional water damage repair company. Not taking any action at all could lead to mold and mildew. And not just in your home but also in smaller spaces such as your garage and basements. Sometimes water damage isn’t apparent. Sometimes it creeps upon you, and mold and musty odors are the only indications.
You need professional help before mold starts to grow, don’t discover this after it’s too late. We have years of experience dealing with water damage and understand all the elements that come into play. Trust us to handle everything so that you don’t have to worry about anything! Contact our trusted professionals today and speak with us to obtain a free quote immediately!
Causes of Water Damage
Water damage can be caused by various sources, from a simple roof leak to severe weather conditions such as hurricanes. Other causes of water damage include leaking or burst pipes and overflowing sinks, bathtubs, and toilets.
Here are some of the most common causes of water damage:
- Roof Leaks – Roof leaks can result when cracks form in the roof after severe weather has damaged it. Leaks can also be caused when ice dams on the roof melt and flow down through the underlayment or seep through holes in the flashing. Many homeowners may not recognize that they have a roof leak until water stains appear on the ceiling.
- Burst Pipes – Burst pipes are often caused by frozen or thawed pipes that expand and burst, causing water damage. They can also occur when too much pressure builds up in old pipes that have weakened due to corrosion, mineral deposits, or other factors, and this can cause them to burst unexpectedly.
- Overflow From Appliances & Sinks – Appliances such as toilets, bathtubs, dishwashers, washing machines, refrigerators, and water heaters are all vulnerable to overflow due to blockages or faulty hoses.
- Storm Damage – Heavy rains, strong winds, and hail are common in many parts of the country. These weather events can cause significant damage to your home or business. Storms cause many issues such as roof damage, fallen trees, power outages, etc. The storm is bad enough, but the aftermath can be just as bad or worse, especially if you need flooded basement cleanup! The longer floodwater sits in your home or business, the more significant the damage. Flooding causes further issues such as mold growth, which is costly to remediate. The longer you wait to get help, the higher your restoration costs.
- Flooding – You hear about floods on the news when extreme weather events like hurricanes or heavy thunderstorms. But did you know that flooding can happen almost anywhere? Even though flooding most commonly occurs in low-lying areas near a body of water like a river or lake, flash floods can occur anywhere given the right conditions. You may need flood damage repairs and flood cleanup.
What Should You Do With Water Damage Before Professionals Arriving?
Water damage can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare, and it is a severe problem that needs to be addressed immediately. The longer it sits, the more damage it will cause.
When water damage occurs, you should first contact your insurance company to see if they cover water damage and what steps you need to take to file a claim. After you contact your insurance company, contact Force 1 Restoration water damage contractors right away, and we will quickly assess the damage and create a plan of action.
While waiting for Force 1 Restoration professionals to arrive, there are a few things you should do to prevent as much additional damage as possible:
- Turn Off Electricity
- Mop and Wipe Surfaces
- Remove Excess Water with a Wet/Dry Vacuum
- Use Dehumidifiers and Fans
- Move Things to Dry Areas
- Get Rid of Damaged Items
Request An Estimate With Islip’s Goto Water Damage Company
If your home has been damaged by water, mold, or flood damage, you can rely on us for professional emergency water damage restoration services. Force 1 Restoration teams treat every property with the care and respect it deserves, and our prompt response time ensures that your property receives the proper treatment at the right time.
We have experts ready to tackle any form of water damage, including burst pipes, overflowing toilets and bathtubs, and flooding from storms. Please do not wait until it is too late to make an insurance claim. Instead, call a qualified team for help! Our experienced personnel can quickly assess your issue and remove the contaminated materials as soon as possible.
Call Restoration Pros NY!