Leading Water Damage Restoration Service in Cutchogue, NY
When your home floods, it can turn any day sour. Flooding in your home can happen for a number of reasons, such as burst pipes, storm damage, a leaky roof, and more. Once the water has entered your home, it is important to have it cleaned-up, extracted, and to dry out the affected areas as soon as possible.
Our water damage company offers water extraction and drying services for residential and commercial properties in the Cutchogue area. We’re are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help with any emergency situations. We are the leaders when it comes to the best water extraction and drying techniques.
4 Signs That Your Residential or Commercial Property in Cutchogue Has Experienced Water Damage
Damage from water can be caused by simple, everyday occurrences like pipe burst, flooded basements, or bad weather conditions the Cutchogue, NY area. Regardless of how the water damage was caused, it can be easily ignored. Be on the lookout for the five signs that could indicate water damage.
- Water Spots on Windows: During the winter months, water spots on windows can occur from condensation buildup inside the window sash. When warm air comes into contact with the cool glass and cools quickly, it becomes condensation, and droplets form.
- Mold Growth: Mold and mildew survive in places where this moisture and it can quickly take hold of your home if left unchecked. If you notice any discoloration on walls or ceilings, this could indicate that mold is growing. This is a significant concern if you see any visible growths (especially with black spots) and should be immediately remediated.
- Water Stains on Ceilings and Walls: Water stains are marks left behind when the water has soaked into ceiling tiles, drywall, insulation, or wallboards. These stains indicate a water leak above the ceiling tile or wall. They may be dry, but it’s essential to check if any pipes are still leaking.
- Buckled Wood Flooring: Wood flooring expands when it gets wet. If there’s a leak in your home, you may notice the wood buckling or warping. To test this theory, inspect the floor carefully; hopefully, you’ll find a noticeable puddle of water causing the problem. If not, try putting down a few layers of paper towels and rechecking them later for signs of moisture.
What Are The Next Steps To Take After You Discover Water Damage?
When you’re trying to wait for a water damage repair company, many things can go wrong. This is why it’s essential to remain safe during the waiting process.
Luckily, we have a few tips to help you do just that:
- Don’t Walk on Wet Carpet: Wet carpets can be an absolute nightmare to deal with. Many people don’t know this, but most carpets can absorb up to 1/3 of their weight in water. If the carpet is wet when you step on it, there’s a good chance that you could fall right through it and hurt yourself. You should also avoid walking on the wet carpet because you could track dirt and other contaminants throughout your home.
- Turn Off The Power: If standing water is present in your home, you will want to turn off your power immediately. It might be tempting to leave it on to use the light from your lamps or appliances, but this is not a good idea as water and electricity don’t mix well together. If you step into the water with bare feet, then there’s a good chance that you could get electrocuted. Your water damage contractors will tell you when it is safe to restore the power.
Call The Top Rated Water Damage Remediation Company in Cutchogue, NY
With 30+ year of knowledge the in water damage restoration and cleanup industry, we are more than qualified to help you get your residential or commercial property back to normal after a flood. Our water damage experts will ensure your home or business is restored to pre-flood condition. From flooded basements to water damage ceilings our crew can tackle it all!We know water or flood damage can happen anytime.To make sure the great people of Cutchogue, NY aren’t on their own, Restoration Pros NY offers 24/7 emergency water damage restoration services for homes and businesses. We pledge to help our communities promptly, professionally and compassionately handle the devastating aftermath of flooding or other water emergencies. Our team is trained to provide prompt response, educational training, and victim-centered care.