Let The Most Trusted Babylon Water Damage Company Restore Your Property Back To Normal!
The thought of water damage in your home or business is one of the most stressful experiences that you might ever have to deal with. Whether it’s water damage from flooding, a burst pipe, fire damage, or just general wear and tear over the years, water damage can make your home or business almost unlivable, not to mention the potential for significant damage to flooring and household contents. When this stress occurs, it is time for Babylon, NY water damage cleanup and repair by Restoration Pros.
Thankfully, you are assured of receiving the best possible service from our water damage repair company, Restoration Pros, particularly when compared to any DIY options you may be tempted to take at home. Our expertise in flood damage repair is unsurpassed, so rest assured of receiving a fast, efficient response with your home fully restored and protected against flashpoint flooding possibilities that can occur without warning.
What Are Warning Signs That Your Property in Babylon, NY Has Water Damage?
Water damage can be caused by simple, everyday occurrences like clogged toilets or leaking pipes, and it can also be the result of severe weather events and natural disasters. Regardless of the origin, you should look for these seven signs of water damage in your home or business:
- Water Stains on Ceilings and Walls: Water stains are marks left behind when the water has soaked into ceiling tiles, drywall, insulation, or wallboards. These stains indicate a water leak above the ceiling tile or wall. They may be dry, but it’s essential to check if any pipes are still leaking.
- Buckled Wood Flooring: Wood flooring expands when it gets wet. If there’s a leak in your home, you may notice the wood buckling or warping. To test this theory, inspect the floor carefully; hopefully, you’ll find a noticeable puddle of water causing the problem. If not, try putting down a few layers of paper towels and rechecking them later for signs of moisture.
- Water Spots on Windows: During cold weather, water spots on windows can occur from condensation buildup inside the window sash. When warm air comes into contact with the cool glass and cools quickly, it becomes condensation, and droplets form.
- Mold Growth: Mold and mildew thrive in moist environments and can quickly take hold of your home if left unchecked. If you notice any discoloration on walls or ceilings, this could indicate that mold is growing. This is a significant concern if you see any visible growths (especially with black spots) and should be immediately remediated.
The Process of Cleaning Up Your Home After Flood Damage
We Follow IICRC Water Damage Restoration Guidelines
- The first thing we do at Restoration Pros is analyzing the amount of damage done, ensure the situation is safe, and develop a plan to tackle the problem.
- Next, we use industrial-grade vacuums to remove any standing water and use fans to dry out wet materials on walls, ceilings, and floors.
- After the standing water is removed and the excess moisture is gone, we move on to dry out the underlying structures. We use desiccant dehumidifiers that are highly efficient in eliminating microscopic water particles from walls, ceilings, and floors. This usually takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- After all traces of moisture have been removed, it’s time for us to disinfect your home. We use chemicals that kill any mold or bacteria forming in your home from the water damage.
- The final step is repairs. Water damage restoration sometimes includes repairing areas that have been damaged by water, such as drywall, flooring or carpeting, etc.
Don’t Let Your Property Damage Keep Getting Worse, Call Babylon’s #1 Water Damage Restoration Technicians!
With over 30 years of experience in water damage restoration and cleanup, we’re here to help you get your residential or commercial property back to normal after a flood. Our water damage experts will ensure your home or business is restored to pre-flood condition. From flooded basements to water damage ceilings our crew can tackle it all!We know water or flood damage can happen anytime.
To make sure the great people of Babylon, NY aren’t on their own, Restoration Pros NY offers 24/7 emergency water damage restoration services for homes and businesses. We pledge to help our communities promptly, professionally and compassionately handle the devastating aftermath of flooding or other water emergencies. Our team is trained to provide prompt response, educational training, and victim-centered care.